40 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Site
I’ve been getting this question quite a bit from people so obviously traffic is a major issue in any business. I thought I would compile a list of things that I’ve done as well as my team over the past several months. There are certain things that are done one time and there are certain things that need to be done on a consistent basis to see real results.
1. Write and submit articles to article directories such as ezines and hubpages.
2. Leave comments on other people’s blogs with a backlink to your site.
3. Answer people’s questions on www.answers.yahoo.com.
4. Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.
5. Write a press release and submit it to www.PRWeb.com.
6. Advertise your website in the appropriate category on www.CraigsList.com.
7. Give an unbiased testimonial on a product/service that you have used in exchange for a backlink to your site.
8. Start a blog and submit it to the 100’s of free blog directories.
9. Manually submit your website to the major search engines.
10. Optimize each page of your website for a particular keyword or search phrase.
11. Add a link and photo in your email signature to your website. It’s a free and easy way to get a little more traffic.
12. Use PPC search engine advertising.
13. Add a “bookmark this site” link to your webpages.
14. Have a tell-a-friend form on your site.
15. Give away a freebie (ebook, report, e-course) to keep people coming back to your site. Get free ebooks here.
16. Add an RSS feed to your blog.
17. Submit your site to any related niche directories on the net.
18. Buy a domain name related to your niche that is already receiving traffic and forward it to your site.
19. Pass out business cards with your domain on them everywhere you go.
20. Start an affiliate program and let your affiliates send you visitors.
22. Submit viral videos to YouTube.
23. Find joint venture partners that will send you traffic.
24. Start your own newsletter or ezine.
25. Use a autoresponder or email campaign to keep people coming back to your site.
26. Purchase ads on other sites.
27. Send a free copy of your product to other site owners in exchange for a product review.
28. Sell or place classified ads on www.eBay.com with a link to your site.
29. Post free classified ads on any of the sites that allow them with a link to your site.
30. Exchange reciprocal links with other related websites.
31. Network with other people at seminars or other live events.
32. Purchase advertising in popular newsletters or ezines.
33. Advertise on other product’s “thank you” pages.
34. Create a free ebook and list in on the “free ebook” sites.
35. Buy and use a memorable domain name.
36. Create an Amazon profile and submit reviews for books and other products that you have read.
37. Start a lens on www.Squidoo.com.
38. Use a traffic exchange (low quality traffic, but can sometimes be worthwhile).
39. Get referrals from similar but non-competing sites.
40. Submit your website to SEO friendly directories such as Directory Maximizer.
Passive Cash Gal
Success Coach & Entrepreneur
Detailed Steps to Implement Above List!