Archive for October, 2008
I can’t believe that today is Oct. 31, 2008! Where has the time gone? My kids have been so excited and the day is finally here. My 14 yr old son, Kylon, has a marching band performance so he will miss out for the 1st time. My 7 year old son, Jayden, decided to be a black Elvis. My 3.5 yr old girl, Nelia, will be a USC cheerleader. Jayden’s school had their Halloween party last week so I have preview pics of them in their costumes. Enjoy! Click on each picture to view them larger.
Twitter, twitter, twitter…Everyone is asking What is Twitter? How do you use it? I’ve heard people say that they signed up but didn’t catch on to it. Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users’ updates (otherwise known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.
Many people use this for fun to meet new people, some use Twitter to get traffic to their blogs or websites and some use Twitter to gain more knowledge from well known experts in a certain field. Here are some Twitter tips that I implement that brings me new followers every day.
1. Post Some Interesting Things Going on In Your Life – people are interested in learning more about you as a person.
2. Target your market by searching for your niche area – find and follow people of interest that you can learn and grow from in your niche market.
3. Join Professional Social Networking Sites – find the Twitter groups and write a blurb about yourself. People that are interested will follow you.
4. Post a question with a poll – of course your poll will be on your website or blog but let everyone know that you have a poll.
5. Ask for help or direction in an area where you need clarification – people love to share their experience and knowledge to help others.
6. Don’t just post tweets, get involved with conversations – it may seem awkward at times but join in and respond to tweets. The more involved you are, the more friends that you will establish.
7. Review your followers and decide if you want to follow them back – some people may unfollow you if they feel you aren’t responsive or engaged. You don’t have to follow everyone but it’s a great idea to follow the ones that you feel would be a great asset to your knowledge base.
8. Sign up for TweetLater to help with automation – you can set it up where an instant thank you message is sent to all of your followers.
9. Post your Twitter link in your social networking sites like Myspace, Facebook (has an application that automatically shows all of your Twitter updates), LinkedIn, etc.
10. Search for a big name/successful person in your niche market – go to their followers list and start following them. Most of these people can be potential customers that are looking for more information. You can follow a max of 2000 people until 2000 people are following YOU. Then you can get past the 2000 mark.
11. HAVE FUN WITH TWITTER!
Feel free to follow me at @NaomiTrower
Also feel free to email me with Twitter questions.
I’ve been really surprised at how much business that I’ve generated from social networking sites such as Myspace and Facebook. This article really goes into the nuts and bolts of how to make money on Myspace. I thought I’d give you about 20 pages to read and you can choose if you want to read more or just move on. Happy Reading and Enjoy!
It’s amazing how far we’ve come in the internet world. There are more and more people that are sharing their courting stories and now married that started on the internet, more new friends that are created via the internet and old friends that have reconnected as a result of it all.
I know personally that there are times when the power goes out at my house and I say, “Oh that’s ok, I’ll just check my email or chat with my online friends.” Umm..hello! The power is out! LOL That’s how ingrained in my head the use of the internet is in my household that I think it has a mind of its own without power!
The internet has also changed the way business is conducted. The world of advertising and promotion has turned a new leaf. Internet exposure is now one of the most lucrative ways to generate business. Internet marketing, guerilla marketing, social networking, attraction marketing and personal branding to name just a few are all major topics of conversation for the top producers in business advertising.
I also found it Incredible how CNN and other news media are using Twitter now. The social media phenomenon is getting into mainstream media and into everyone’s households. I always make sure to spend time w/my family because it can suck up all of your time if you are not careful. I definitely appreciated my Diva’s Within group when they declared a day to spend time with family.
So what about you? How has the internet changed your world? Did you meet your significant other via the net? Has your business expanded tremendously from the net? Let me know. Also take some time to view this video of my husband and family.