Twitter Viral Marketing Strategies
Twitter, twitter, twitter…Everyone is asking What is Twitter? How do you use it? I’ve heard people say that they signed up but didn’t catch on to it. Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users’ updates (otherwise known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.
Many people use this for fun to meet new people, some use Twitter to get traffic to their blogs or websites and some use Twitter to gain more knowledge from well known experts in a certain field. Here are some Twitter tips that I implement that brings me new followers every day.
1. Post Some Interesting Things Going on In Your Life – people are interested in learning more about you as a person.
2. Target your market by searching for your niche area – find and follow people of interest that you can learn and grow from in your niche market.
3. Join Professional Social Networking Sites – find the Twitter groups and write a blurb about yourself. People that are interested will follow you.
4. Post a question with a poll – of course your poll will be on your website or blog but let everyone know that you have a poll.
5. Ask for help or direction in an area where you need clarification – people love to share their experience and knowledge to help others.
6. Don’t just post tweets, get involved with conversations – it may seem awkward at times but join in and respond to tweets. The more involved you are, the more friends that you will establish.
7. Review your followers and decide if you want to follow them back – some people may unfollow you if they feel you aren’t responsive or engaged. You don’t have to follow everyone but it’s a great idea to follow the ones that you feel would be a great asset to your knowledge base.
8. Sign up for TweetLater to help with automation – you can set it up where an instant thank you message is sent to all of your followers.
9. Post your Twitter link in your social networking sites like Myspace, Facebook (has an application that automatically shows all of your Twitter updates), LinkedIn, etc.
10. Search for a big name/successful person in your niche market – go to their followers list and start following them. Most of these people can be potential customers that are looking for more information. You can follow a max of 2000 people until 2000 people are following YOU. Then you can get past the 2000 mark.
11. HAVE FUN WITH TWITTER!
Feel free to follow me at @NaomiTrower
Also feel free to email me with Twitter questions.