How To Use Twitter To Find A Job
It is hard to believe that many more people will lose their jobs this year, when 70,000 lost them on Bloody Monday earlier this year. How can the rest of this year continue to look so bleak after a day like that? I also promised a close friend of mine that has been out of work for several months that I would write an article on creative ways to find work using the social networking site Twitter.
Here are some Twitter Tips for your job search:
1. Use your real name on Twitter (@NaomiTrower) or start another account with your real name if you want to separate your accounts
2. Use keywords for your particular job interest in your bio
3. Link your resume to your Twitter profile
4. Follow employers that interest you
5. Use Twitter Search and Twellow (Twitter Yellow Pages) to search recruiters & people in your field
6. Search for words like #recruiters, #employment, #jobshiring
7. Be careful what you tweet but be sure to tweet “Looking for opportunity in Real Estate Development and open to relocation” as an example
8. Use TweetBeep to get email alerts with job opportunities
I hope this list is helpful to you and feel free to pass this on to anyone that you know that can benefit from these tips. Can you think of any other tips that I might have left out? Be sure to comment below. Have a Twitterful Day!
“Teaching Others Social Media”