Virtual Real Estate BarCamp Review #vrebc
It is very special to be part of a 1st annual event of any venue. I was able to attend a few sessions of the 1st Virtual Real Estate BarCamp.
It was a full day of webinars on how to use Social Media in your Real Estate business.
You may be thinking, “What in the world is a Barcamp?” Wikipedia explains,
BarCamp is an international network of user generated conferences (or unconferences) – open, participatory workshop-events, whose content is provided by participants.
There were 3 webinar rooms to choose from and here is the list of presenters and classes:
I started out my morning with:
Tom Ferry – 3 Ways Top Producers Are Making Sales with Social Media
Scott Sambucci – Beat The Headlines, Be The Local Market Expert
Ginger Wilcox & Hal Lublin – Secrets of Web Success for 2010
Mike Mueller – LinkedIn: The Red Headed Step Child of Social Media
Here are some of the key highlights:
- New site spatialmatch.com coming out in 2010 that allows you to search for certain homes by schools, starbucks, and shopping center proximities.
- 24% of all web activity is on Facebook
- Facebook users are on the site an average of 32 minutes / day
- Facebook users search on average 14 different pages / day
- Add SeeMyListings.com to your Facebook profile & fan page (my input: find mortgage calculators for the mortgage peeps)
- LinkedIn links such as My Blog & My Website are indexed on Google
- LinkedIn add in wordpress application to show live feed of your blog
There were a few sound glitches which is common but they were resolved. I enjoyed the presentations. I disagreed with a few things such as using ping.fm but that is just my personal preference.
Ping.fm is an application to update your status to all of your networks. I have a little different voice on each social network so I don’t have a need for ping.fm. I just focus on a select few social networks.
I’m looking around the web for a similar BarCamp for the mortgage side of the house. Be sure to let me know if you come across any mortgage related BarCamps. I will continue to keep my eyes open for any new and upcoming workshops.
Which one of these classes would be of interest to you? Let me know in the comments.
Real Estate Broker
Premier Equity Group, Inc.
Real Estate Social Media Marketing
“Teaching Professionals Social Media”